Free Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes
NMC offers free breastfeeding classes for expectant parents, community organizations, physicians and health care providers. Our Building Blocks of Breastfeeding classes are hosted throughout the Portland Metro and SW Washington area and are taught by trained instructors.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
NMC’s Building Blocks of Breastfeeding Class Schedule 2015
Expectant parent(s) will learn:
- The benefits of breastfeeding
- How to properly position and latch the baby to the breast
- Common concerns
- Resources for support after the baby arrives
- Each class is two hours long.
- If pre-registration is necessary for a class, that will be noted above.
- Classes are fun, with many visual aids including latch demonstrations with baby dolls, video clips, demonstration of the size of newborn’s stomach, and much more.
- Having someone who will support you in your breastfeeding journey is the most influential factor in breastfeeding success, so feel free to bring a partner or friend to the class.
- Participants also receive information on ‘What to Expect in the First Four Weeks – A Step By Step Guide’, brochures for support people, a ‘Diaper Diary’, a community resource list, and information about their breastfeeding rights.
Questions: Contact email@example.com